Our nervous system is a complex structure of various nerves and cells also known as neurons. These neurons transfer signals between different parts of our body.
The nervous system mainly consists of two parts namely the peripheral nervous system including nerves and ganglia outside of the spinal cord and brain. On the other hand, the central nervous system includes the spinal cord, brain, and cranial nerves.
Various Nervous System Issues
Our nervous system plays a very important role in controlling various body functions. It is the central control unit of our body and manages two primary responses to our body, the conscious and in the voluntary responses.
Let us take a brief look at the different nervous system disorders:
- Injuries such as Carpel Tunnel or Bell’s palsy
- Infections such as Meningitis and encephalitis
- Issues such as Parkinson’s Disease and autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Restless Leg Syndrome
- Central Nervous System Disorders such as Seizures, Cancer, Arthritis, Schizophrenia, depression, inflammatory diseases and more.
Symptoms of Nervous System Issues
The symptoms associated with the CNS depend on the specific condition but some of the common symptoms of these issues can range from Stress, headaches, fatigue, tingling, muscles weakness, loss of sight or blurred vision, impaired mental ability, tremors, back pain, lack of concentration and, memory loss.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol or CBD is a very effective cannabinoid and is being researched on a large scale for its varied medicinal and therapeutic qualities. If you are not aware of CBD, it is an organic cannabinoid extracted from Hemp Plant and is being used by people to treat many health issues such as anxiety, depression, mood swings, appetite loss, and many other immune system issues.
Cannabidiol has also been studied to treat nervous system issues primarily Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. This is due to the fact that our body has an Endocannabinoid System which helps in balancing various body functions such as pain, mood, appetite, immune system. CBD interacts with the receptors found in the ECS and helps in treating issues related to these body functions.
Using CBD To Treat Nervous System Issues
Researches have been performed that prove the effectiveness of CBD in curbing the deterioration of our nervous system in more than one ways. The effects of CBD are
1. Our body has a fatty acid called amide hydroxylase (FAAH) which breaks down the neurotransmitter, anandamide in our body. This neurotransmitter is highly responsible for inducing the feelings of pleasure and happiness. CBD helps in suppressing the effect of FAAH in the body, thus creating higher levels of anandamide. These anandamides in turn naturally bind to the CB1 receptors. Anandamide by increasing neurogenesis exhibits anti-depression and anti-anxiety properties.
2. CBD is also responsible for activating the discharge of 2-AG endocannabinoid. The 2-AG endocannabinoid triggers the CB1 and CB2 receptors. Both of these receptors are important in regulating functions such as mood, inflammation, memory, appetite, and sleep as well. This is the reason, CBD can be used to reduce the inflammation and pain associated with autoimmune disorders such as multiple sclerosis.
3. Studies have also shown that CBD has neuroprotective effects on our brain and spinal cord. CBD can help in protecting the neurons and astrocytes from being damaged thus modulating the inflammatory reaction. CBD also assists in neurodegeneration.
4. CBD, unlike THC, has no psychoactive properties which make it even more preferred cannabinoid. This remedy will not induce a high in you. It is also said to bind with the CB1 receptors found in the ECS of our brain and acts as an antagonist cannabinoid and mediates the agonizing or mind-altering effect of THC.
5. CBD has also been studied to trigger serotonin receptors specifically the 1A serotonin receptor. This results in a reduction of stress and issues such as depression, nausea, insomnia and more.
6. This cannabinoid binds well to TRPV1 receptors which help in maintaining the normal body balance thus reducing chronic pain and inflammation.
7. It activates the Adenosine Receptors which induces brain activity and helps in lowering anxiety and inflammation.
CBD can have multiple benefits in treating many nervous system issues. The binding of CBD with various receptors shows the high potential of this cannabinoid. Though a lot of research is required in this field but we definitely have a winner here.
We hope you liked this article on CBD and Nervous System Issues. Please let us know your suggestions and reviews in the comment section below!
Interesting Read: CBD For Arthritis Or Joint Pains